- Misusing public money?
Government grants favour government seats, contrary to proper practice. This is misusing public money to serve political ends.
- Take care of yourself!
Let’s look after ourselves and each other, while continuing the urgent fight to take decisive action against climate change!
- Fact check: Net zero = zero jobs?
Will achieving net zero emissions in Australia cost jobs or create jobs? Contrary to some claims, there will be more gains than losses.
- Who can we trust?
Craig Kelly and UAP have repeatedly thrown doubt on the effectiveness of Covid vaccination. New data shows how wrong they have been.
- Will you live to see the end of the Great Barrier Reef?
Can the Great Barrier Reef survive global warming? It’s touch and go. And unless our Government gets its act together, it’s more likely to go, never to return.
- Electric cars vs petrol/diesel cars
Compared over their entire life cycle electric car emissions are about a third of combustion engine car emissions – if renewable energy is used to recharge.
- Craig Kelly and TGA: “seriously misleading” information
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is calling out Craig Kelly’s misuse of medical information. What’s going on?
- Integrity in politics
Our government faces serious questions about its integrity. It refuses to establish a promised Integrity Commission. Helen Haines MP has a good proposal.
- The world’s final warning? Australia’s final warning!
The world’s most authoritative group of climate experts warn that the world is on the brink of climate disaster. Things have to change.
- Our parliamentary system is broken
Australia’s parliamentary system of government is broken. It’s not just me saying it, but an expert review. And there’s a way to fix it.
- Positive conversations for positive change
To achieve our aim of having a MP who follows the science on climate change, we need to learn how to best influence the electorate.
- Why is Covid-19 vaccination lagging?
Australia is lagging most developed countries in vaccinating the population against Covid-19. Foolish sceptical statements by Craig Kelly MP have been part of the problem.
- Show your stripes
Show Your Stripes scarves remind Australia’s parliamentarians of how much the world is warming.
- The reality of climate inaction?
Mathias Cormann’s statements as head of OECD conflict with hsi record in the Australian Government. What’s going on?
- 7 reasons why the government’s gas-fired power station is foolish
The government has announced it will fund a new gas-fired power station in the Hunter Valley but its reasons are flawed and dishonest.
Photos and thoughts from the school strike for climate. Our government is worse than useless. Let’s vote in independents who will act.
- Life in the Electroverse universe
A brief analysis of the Electroverse website shows that it has little credibility on matters relating to climate and the future.
- Do wind farms kill birds?
Wind farms Do kill birds, but are a very much smaller threat than many other human activities. Technoloogy is reducing the threat.
- Zali Steggall’s Climate Change bill
Independent MP Zali Steggall’s bill offers hope that Australia might at last begin to play its part in combatting climate change.
- Craig Kelly’s China Syndrome?
Craig Kelly misrepresents the facts on the relative carbon emissions of China and Australia. Australia is one of the worst carbon emitters in the world per capita.
- Why not acting on climate change is costly …. and dangerous
NSW Treasury report outlines future costs of natural disasters, heatwaves, sea level rise and lost farm production, caused by climate change.
- How not to read a graph
Craig Kelly totally misreads two graphs, which means his conclusions are worthless.
- Three old mistakes revived!
Craig Kelly MP has posted on 3 matters that he has discussed before, and are (again) misleading. Here is a quick explanation why.
- Craig Kelly accidentally demonstrates global warming
Craig Kelly criticises the Bureau of Meteorology for being “warmist” when the facts show BoM is right and Mr Kelly is not.
- Why Craig Kelly is wrong about renewable energy
A recent Craig Kelly comment about renewable energy is misleading and shows he has a poor understanding.
- Another cool month – so what?
February 2021 was cooler than February 2020. Does that indicate that “global cooling” is occurring as Craig Kelly suggests?
- Renewable energy makes business sense
Renewable energy is no longer a luxury we cannot afford, but is cheaper as well as safer and better for the world.
- Where does Craig Kelly get his information?
I examine four sources that provide the information for many of Craig Kelly’s climate posts, and find them all unreliable.
- Craig Kelly and climate-related deaths
Craig Kelly draws some faulty conclusions from a graph we he ignores the data that goes against his claims.
- Craig Kelly identifies a climate trend?
Is a cold month in UK a sign of the start of a period of global cooling, as Craig Kelly suggests? Almost certainly not. Find out why.
- Boldness vs timidity: will Australia learn?
The US President’s climate action plan shows the way for weak-willed governments around the world.
Acknowledgment of country and the sad fact that this is a day of mourning for our First Nations people.
- Craig Kelly and Covid-19 treatments
I have no medical expertise, but I have tried to factually review the findings of the experts, to assess Craig Kelly’s claims about Covid-19 treatments.
- Craig Kelly and the equal hottest year on record
Global temperature data for 2020 show that the occasional cold weather events highlighted by Craig Kelly are anomalies. His emphasis misrepresents the data.
- Craig Kelly and climate risk: 4 ways NOT to use data
Craig Kelly’s post about climate science and climate-related deaths illustrates four ways NOT to use data.
- Craig Kelly and the “Great Reset”
Is there a real threat of a cabal of global leaders forcing a Great Reset on us and taking away our private property, as Craig Kelly says?
- Understanding conspiracy theories
Climate change denial these days is often based on conspiracy theories. Here are some explanations of why conspiracy theories are believed.
- Is China exempt from emission reduction targets?
Craig Kelly criticises Australia for doing more about climate change than China, when in fact we are doing less.
- Craig Kelly debunks another alarmist myth (about drought)?
Craig Kelly debunks another alarmist myth – but he’s misunderstood what climate science predicts.
- Craig Kelly and “the great sinking islands scam”
Craig Kelly ignores key evidence that shows climate change is badly affecting many Pacific islands, and also ignores the plight of people whose homes and way of life are threatened.
- Craig Kelly and the “warmist climate cult” conspiracy to rort Australia’s temperature records
Craig Kelly alleges fraud when some climate records are changed, but the evidence indicates that the changes are justified corrections. His claims don’t stand up.
- Submission to Climate Change Bill Inquiry
My submission to support Zali Steggall’s bill.
- Craig Kelly and harvesting cranberries
Craig Kelly has misrepresented facts about cranberry harvesting and to make incorrect claims about climate science.
- Will “net zero” make meat too expensive?
Will achieving net zero emissions make meat “unaffordable” as Craig Kelly claims? Not likely, if you understand “net zero”.
- Fact check: Craig Kelly and ‘net zero by 2050’
Craig Kelly has misunderstood the economics of renewable energy vs coal-fired, plus he continues to misunderstand climate change.
- Craig Kelly and home cooling – 6 facts
Craig Kelly has misrepresented climate action and ignored several important facts. We can move to renewable energy without compromising supply, if the government chooses to act.
- News: the Bushfire Royal Commission
The ‘Bushfire Royal Commission’ released its report last week. Our government must take strong action to address climate change or the future is bleak.
- Fact Check: Craig Kelly and cold weather (again)
Craig Kelly claims that record cold weather in USA is a shock to climate science is wrong. There are far more hot weather records being broken than cold .
- Bjorn Lomborg’s climate trickery
Craig Kelly has been posting tweets from climate change critic Bjorn Lomborg. So it is worth checking out Bjorn’s track record.
- Fact check: Craig Kelly says UN lied about the number of extreme weather events
Craig Kelly accuses the United Nations of lying, but his comments are mostly mistaken or misleading
- Let’s talk tactics
Do you want to see our local member and our Australia Government working to reduce the impacts of climate change rather than denying the problem or ignoring it? There is a way you can help.
- Fact check: Craig Kelly and “shocking climate lies” about hurricanes
Craig Kelly has said that the idea that hurricanes are increasing in severity is a “shocking climate lie”. The claim is unjustified.
- Fact check: Craig Kelly and record cold temperatures
Fact checking Craig Kelly’s use of cold weather to question global warming. he has cherry picked data and ingored the facts.
- Fact check: are climate models accurate?
Climate change predictions are made using complex computer models. But how accurate can a global model be? How good a record do climate models have?
- Craig Kelly’s “straw man” claim confuses climate and weather
A climate claim that rests on a logical fallacy and a misunderstanding of weather and climate.
- Won’t get fooled again!
Seven tactics used to promote misinformation and fake news about climate science.
- Fact check: have US and Australian hottest day records been deleted?
Craig Kelly has accused Australian “fraudsters” of deleting temperature records. Is there any basis to this claim?
- Fact check:Craig Kelly and Antarctic sea ice
Fact check: Craig Kelly ignores data and misunderstands warming in Antarctica.
- Fact check: do wind turbines cause cancer?
Do wind turbines cause cancer? In a word, no.
- Business & farming leaders urge Government climate action
Business group says Australia is “woefully unprepared” for future climate threats, and urges Government to take decisive action, or risk our nation’s prosperity.
- Fact check: Craig Kelly and last summer’s bushfires
A fact check shows that a recent report by Craig Kelly on bushfires was almost totally misleading.
- Fact check: Craig Kelly and snow in Canberra
Fact check of Craig Kelly’s claim that snow in Canberra is difficult for “warmists” to explain.
- News: Climate action is happening despite the politicians
Our federal government is failing us by not addressing climate change, but state governments and big business are way ahead of the federal politicians.
- Fact check: Bjorn Lomborg and bushfires
Fact check of Bjorn Lomborg’s claim that climate change isn’t a major cause of fires in Australia.
- A concern for truth
Introducing the website ‘Hughes fact check’ and why we have started it.